bonjour

Découvrez où télécharger les "custom-maps" et présentez celles que vous aimez.
Rendez-vous dans Sauts et déplacements pour les maps de jump.
Répondre
wily duck

bonjour

Message par wily duck » 11 déc. 2009, 02:47

Salut tout le monde. J'espère que vous aimez la carte, et l'entrevue. Je ne parle pas le français si cela est en cours d'écriture par Google Translate.

Pour les personnes parlant anglais que mai rencontré cette page, je suis le détachement des réponses originales, seulement parce que l'anglais au français à l'anglais la traduction devient confus. C'est comme si je ne sais même pas ce que j'ai dit! lol! :mrgreen:

/// Hi,
/// Thank you for answering those questions .

Not a problem. A lot of time and creative effort gets put into making maps, so I do enjoy discussing them.

/// First of all, ut_deep is a funny map, an underwater CTF map which is a bit crazy as a concept, did u thought this map could be a failure ?

I was pretty open to it becoming anything. If it would have been a successful map, i.e. mapcycle worthy, I would have been surprised. This map was an entirely new concept - which I wasn't sure if the technical portion would even hold together (and it did).

/// Nobody before you ( except for jump maps ) used that amount of water, where this idea comes from ?

The idea was that in all quake3 maps, including mods such as Urban Terror, the designer adds water to the map, as if water is an object. This map is a proof of concept to introduce the idea that air can be an object. Water space is carved out very strategically, to create this unique gameplay.

/// This is not your first map, how much time did you need to create this one ?

This map was definitely one of the shorter cycles. Probably a month, but I don't really remember. There's not a lot of content overall in the map. Even so, I wanted the map to be fun just to splash around in, regardless if it made pub play or not. I was still cutting my teeth in the editor during ut_deep's development.

/// Some of us knows that this is not a new map, in your opinion, why is ut_deep only on few servers ?

It's pretty old now, what 5 years? Some maps take time to catch on. Not many people like ut_deep primarily because the actual combat gameplay still needs lot of work.

/// Which modes of UrT are playable on ut_deep ?

ut_deep was built for CTF. TS, TDM, and FFA should work.

/// At first sight this map seems to be finished, but do you think about new features and/or releases coming soon for ut_deep ?

That would be nice. If I could find a good way to turn this into a practical map, that would be awesome. This is a tough map to design gameplay with. I'd like to do much more with the trench, diver bubbles, air canisters, add places to hide on the trenches cliff edge, lots more coral reef or weeds, rocks, sunken things, maybe some science stuff... I'd also like to avoid tunnels. Why?? Tunnels are easy, standard issue gameplay routes. By using the environment one can be more effective, so I'd rather spend more time on intelligent paths rather than paths on rails.

/// Do you have anything else to add ?

I'm really glad you like the map. I think ut_deep is a great idea and could become a significantly better (and playable) map with some love. I'm not sure when that will happen, but I can be spontaneous. Personally I don't like deep depths like this so the map could be a virtual reality of the experience at one mile below the surface - and creating the cold dark terror of the deep would certain grab players attention.

slicer

Re: bonjour

Message par slicer » 11 déc. 2009, 15:47

hi willy duck ;)

i'm glad to see you here.
my english is bad too, and some friends traduce me the interview.
I wrote the original text and translate in a different color. ;)
WAF Team : CTF DIV 1 UZ > http://www.waf-team.fr/index.php // #waf
BF Team : TS DIV 3 UZ > http://www.bf-team.fr/ // #bf-team
serveur : Turnpike terror and more // #tpterror

wily duck

Message par wily duck » 12 déc. 2009, 04:25

Salut slicer. Oui je suis juste heureux que nous vivons à une époque où il est facile de traduire automatiquement entre les langues. :)

slicer

Message par slicer » 12 déc. 2009, 16:54

:)
effectivement . si google est notre amis , google translate est notre sauveur :P
effectively. If Google is our friend, google translate is our savior :P
WAF Team : CTF DIV 1 UZ > http://www.waf-team.fr/index.php // #waf
BF Team : TS DIV 3 UZ > http://www.bf-team.fr/ // #bf-team
serveur : Turnpike terror and more // #tpterror

linkboss
Référent outil (Leelabot)

Message par linkboss » 13 déc. 2009, 01:22

Yeah, but his translations are pretty bad so sometimes we can't understand what he has translated... (my english is pretty bad too)
<newboy> si t aurais mon fils j vé te mettre un confiture
LeelaBot, un autre bot d'administration de vos serveurs UrT.
La HD sarox

Lidys

Message par Lidys » 13 déc. 2009, 11:51

my taylor is rich
Fan des KoS

Fallenangel

Message par Fallenangel » 31 déc. 2009, 23:59

Lidys a écrit :my taylor is rich
:lol:
Where is Brian?